Monday, July 23, 2007

Mute.Please.

(painting by vaggelis rinas)

An intermezzo.
Silent wishes half trapped in dreams
half in reality.
I'm caught somewhere in between.
Lust is making love to logic
But me,
I'm trapped inside this little box
And in here,
i sometimes get illusions.
There is ants eating me alive
And there are butterflies with wings on fire
There is rain and
millions of people
or sometimes it's just me.
And i'm constatly
painting this little picture
of a man hugging the sun
Does that mean he is dead?
or is he just happy?
Maybe he is both.
Icarus in disguise
And my very own hands are melting under sunlight
Fear not the darkness
but the killing white lights.

Please hide the light
and chase the voices away

There is this strange melody- in my box-
that through the years
i've gotten used to.
I'm not complaing
but i really wish it would stop
just to embrace a momentary silence.
Lips sealed and i'm not going anywhere
even though
my tiny box has a door.
I'm never departing.

Sing a happy tune for the man on the picture
to make him a little more real and a little less alone.
But it mingles with the melody
and there's just ugly sounds
floating everywhere.

Please hide the light
and chase the voices away
"Please.i'm in here somebody help"she screams

It is getting to my nerves
making me own body vibrate
My blood goes flying through my veins
And i sometimes i really do wish i got deaf
on the inside.

There is the sound of me
Banging on the walls
As if to tear them down.
I could really just take off
But i want to destroy everything about it.

This time i'm
bringing the wicked place down.
I keep repeating this to myself from times to times.
But i'm still here.
And if this memory seased i would cry of hapiness
But i am short of tears.
I am short of everything.

Please don't let the voices outlive me.He's calling for help.

I start singing my tune again
Only this time i'm not quiting
And as the ceilings starts to pour rain down on me
I realise that appearence can be so misleading.
as i sing,
the melody gets louder in my head
And i force myself to sing louder than ever.
Just around the edge of my world,
I let out a heart breaking scream
and everything crashes around me.

Then,
Me,
On top of my free world.
Everything,
MUTE.



No comments: